What did you do? Elite anecdotes

The place for all general ARC and Elite: Dangerous discussion
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

What did you do? Elite anecdotes

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:34 am

Something interesting happen in game? Share your stories.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: What did you do? Elite anecdotes

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:40 am

I was patrolling for enemies lase night and met some interesting characters:

SB.jpg
SB.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Had to kill him.

dad.jpg
dad.jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Supposed to kill him too, but he got away. (bit glad he did ;) )

DH.jpg
DH.jpg (18.31 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

THM.jpg
THM.jpg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

These weren't enemies, just liked the names :D

CLoseCall.jpg
CLoseCall.jpg (105.22 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

This was a close call. Those FDLs are quick :o

Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot, but I also met an AI called David Braben. Thought I'd better not kill him ;)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Moving home.

Postby Dayrth » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:58 am

I've been rushing across the galaxy fighting in wars as they pop up, trying to shore up the Alliance (and making quite a bit of money :)), for a week or two now. Things have quietened down now though so I thought I would head home. Home for me has been Leeseti for some time. It is the first system I have thought of as home, but on my return I realised that I had been hanging around Zaonce a lot.

It occurred to me that RIdley Scott orbis is MUCH nicer than George Lucas coriolis. So I thought, I have money now, time to move up in the world. I have moved Epiphany to Ridley Scott and from now on that is my new home :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 am

I agree with you Dayrth...the Lave cluster is a nice place. I find myself back there time and time again... also at Zaonce ;)
Nearby CD-34 9020 ( Back Enterprise) is a great place for outfitting and ships ;)
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Teamed up with Xakaz this afternoon and we hit a CZ (several times). The most intense CZ I have seen that did not have a capital ship in it. Anacondas, Pythons and Dropships by the score. It was great fun :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Xakaz
Cobra

Postby Xakaz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:48 am

Once, we hit CZ without any ships from faction we chose to fight for. It was intense! A lot of red triangles flashing on radar and only two brave Vultures to oppose them. It didn't last long, honestly.
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:41 am

Xakaz wrote:Once, we hit CZ without any ships from faction we chose to fight for. It was intense! A lot of red triangles flashing on radar and only two brave Vultures to oppose them. It didn't last long, honestly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 am

Took a day off yesterday and went in to the 1.4 beta. (part 1)

The first thing I tried was CQC. Didn't think I would like it much, not really my type of gaming. It was quite good fun though.

There have been a lot of posts about the problems finding/launching matches. Some people having to wait 25 minutes. There have also been posts about instancing problems, with people finding themselves alone in the arena or not being able to communicate.
I played a couple of death-matches and a couple of team games and did not encounter any of these problems. Joined and launched games within 30 seconds.

The arenas were smaller than I had expected. There is no physical boundary, but wander too far from the centre and your self destruct engages. Flying back to the arena cancels it.
The small area isn't too much of a problem as you are flying small and highly manoeuvrable ships.

I started in a Condor, (the only option when you start). Very fragile ship. Take a couple of hits and you pop. Unbelievably manoeuvrable though. Perfect for dodging around the asteroids and weaving through the tunnels. I soon ranked up and tried out a sidewinder. Much tougher, but I quickly swapped back to the Condor (its a lot more fun).

The powerups were interesting. One boosted your shields, one your speed and one your weapons. A fourth put you in silent running mode but without dropping your shields. This last one turned out not to be as useful as it sounds. Because it is so 'close quarters', I was able to keep on the tail of one pilot who got the powerup and just point and shoot without the need of a target lock.

All in all good fun. Not going to make a career of CQC, but will probably drop in from time to time to let off steam.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:08 am

Took a day off yesterday and went in to the 1.4 beta. (part 2)

The next thing I did was buy a Federal Gunship. Wow, that thing is a beast. It's fast and manoeuvrable, has strong shields, loads of power and 2x Small Hardpoints, 4x Medium Hardpoints and 1x Large Hardpoint.

If was fantastic fun to fly, and completely dominated the HIRES I went to. Not looking forward to going up against one when they are in game though. I think it may prove tougher to beat than the Python.

Didn't find any HazRESes or Compromised beacons though, so still don't know what those are about.

I will be back in the proper game tonight. If anyone is in the vicinity of Leesti and would like some wing training I will be there.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:55 am

Wing training last night. Did not go as well as it might have. Just Frank and me turned up at Leesti. We jumped in to our stock sidies and off we went, only for me to be immediately interdicted and shot up. Back to Lucas for repairs. :(

Second attempt was more interesting. Again interdicted almost straight away, but this time Frank was with me. It turned out to be a Master Python. :o We battled for ages with me trying to stay behind him and in the blind spot and Frank swooping in and blasting him from the sides. The tactics worked, our two little sidies against a Python and we were winning :) We managed to get his shields down and then the police tuned up to give us a hand. When he was eventually dispatched it was back to Lucas for more repairs.

Unfortunately, that turned out to be the highlight of the evening. On the third foray out things went awry. Once again interdicted almost immediately (they really had it in for us). This time by a Diamondback Scout. Less trouble than a python you'd think, but something was up with the instancing. Frank could not find me. I dare not make a run for it knowing that I would be mass locked (the sidewinder can be mass locked by an Eagle :( ) and probably blown to pieces before I could jump out. I was desperately trying to stay behind that thing but it was incredibly manoeuvrable, I just could not keep it in my sights. Talk about having a tiger by the tail.

It seems that Frank was not the only one having trouble finding me. As time went on I began to wonder where the police were. After what seemed like hours (but was probably about 5 minutes), there was still no sign of them. I checked to make sure report crimes against me was on, it was. The dance went on. I was landing the odd blow and mostly managing to avoid getting blasted myself, but we were getting nowhere. This went on (...and on and on...), for ages. At one point I managed to drop his shields, but then he managed to avoid me until they were back up again. :(

Then at last the police did arrive. Soon after that he was toast. All that effort and what I got was 200 credits :(. I jumped back in to supercruise and then Frank could see me, but I could not see him ??? I dropped out of SC and back in again and then there he was. Trouble is it was then so late it was just about time for me to pack up. Frank wanted to go and do a bit of the Hutton CG so we called it a night.

Not the most successful evening, but did prove once again that with a bit of cooperation you can take on the big boys, even in the smallest, weakest ships armed with fixed peashooters. :D
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Ready Room”