What not to play late at night

So you're done with flying for the time being and you want to unwind. For general chatter and to discuss non-Elite subjects, this is the place.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

What not to play late at night

Postby Sealurk » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:41 pm

If I'm a nervous wreck during the next wing training session it's because I'm spending my week away from Elite playing Alien: Isolation.

I never got very far the first time I played it, so don't spoil anything if you've played it! I'm quite a fan of the Alien series and I'm seriously impressed with the attention to detail in this game as well as the faithful recreation of the whole environment. Big clunky keyboards rather than touchscreens, primitive VDUs rather than fancy futuristic monitors, the strange padded walls and overall Seventies inspired tone is absolutely spot on.

It's also terrifying. I have to play in short bursts! Right now Ripley (Amanda, not Ellen - you play the daughter trying to discover what happened to her mother) is hiding in a locker only feet away from a save point that I dare not go for because I can hear something big stomping into the room.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.

Return to “The Mess”