The Forsaken Road

So you're done with flying for the time being and you want to unwind. For general chatter and to discuss non-Elite subjects, this is the place.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: The Forsaken Road

Postby Dayrth » Tue May 10, 2016 5:09 pm

I had some trouble upgrading my second account on Thursday, so eventually gave up and made a start on returning to the bubble instead. With the head start, a late night session Sunday and taking the day off work Monday to have a whole day of travel, I am now back in civilisation. Even if I am out on the far edge and several jumps away from the next occupied system, I am at least docked in a station.

Even in my last hurried sessions I managed to see something new in each one.
I have pics, but can't upload them at the moment. I will add them as soon as I can (maybe this evening).

In my Thursday session I found a green planet. Not vegetation, because it had no atmosphere. No idea what caused the colour, but definitly something I had not seen before.

Sundays was two gas giants next to each other. One with water based life and the other with Ammonia based life.

Monday gave me the closest planetary neighbours I have ever seen. When I first approached them I thought they were touching, but that turned out just to be my angle of approach. Still very close though, which made for a spectacular moon rise when parked on one of them.

I am very sad to have come to the end of my exploration, but I have one more challenge to complete before signing off entirely. I'm not saying what it is yet, but will give details when I have completed it (or failed).
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Thu May 12, 2016 7:21 am

Many apologies for the delay, but here at last are the pics promised:

The green planet from Thursday:

green.jpg
green.jpg (239.8 KiB) Viewed 510 times

Gas giant with water based life from Sunday:

wbl1.jpg
wbl1.jpg (156.29 KiB) Viewed 510 times

The 'twins' from Monday:

twins.jpg
twins.jpg (146.33 KiB) Viewed 510 times

moonrise.jpg
moonrise.jpg (135.64 KiB) Viewed 510 times
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 am

My final post on this thread :(

I have now finished my trip. Despite the longing to explore this was a surprisingly welcome sight:

The final thing I wanted to do I have now done. In my first week of exploring I found a crash site with 4 tons of gold. Being greedy I picked it up. My first, and so far only time getting and transferring cargo with the SRV. I have been lugging that gold around with me ever since. Being an idiot, I decided that I wanted to make my way back from HIP 74290 to my home in Zaonce carrying that gold and in open play. Added a bit of tension to the final leg. As it turns out I got there (well one jump away), without incident. I am now parked up and waiting for an opportune moment to sell my data.

It's been a great trip and a fantastic experience. Many thanks to all who followed my exploits and gave me encouragement. As I have said before, this wont be my last trip (still got to find that undiscovered ELW and see a black hole), so I hope to be back one day with the next exciting installment.

Thank you all again and fly safe commanders.

D
[Remember Wheatons Law]

Return to “The Mess”