Wing Training - General Discussion

ARC's regular wing training sessions are discussed here.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Python
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Wing Training - General Discussion

Postby Sealurk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 pm

A number of people have stated that they don't have much experience of using wings and aren't sure how certain wing things work. Therefore, since we currently don't have any major combat targets, does anybody want to practice this, learn how everything works etc?

If so, let me know and if we get enough people who can be online at the same time we can go into private group and spend some time just going over how wings work both in and out of combat situations. Additionally/alternatively, we can discuss wings in this thread to get people up to speed. Any takers? Any questions?

A further bonus is possible combat training against each other, i.e. sparring or mock dogfights, partly for PVP practice and partly for the hell of it. Dayrth, Sanctuary and I have attempted this once and it sort of worked, but we could try again with a few provisos:

1. Wing up to ensure no crimes committed, i.e. assault.
  2. No hull damage - the winning condition is to drop your opponent's shields.
  3. No time limit - fight until one of you loses your shields.
  4. Rounds are one on one only except with prior agreement (i.e. two small ships versus one big ship).
  5. Ships start facing each other at 1km distance (have your opponent targeted).
  6. Both pilots comm designated referee with "Ready" who will either fire weapon or flash ship lights to indicate when to start.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Re: Wing Training

Postby Dayrth » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm up for that. I'm usually on line Sunday early evening until about 8pm, or Monday to Thursday from around 6:30pm for a couple of hours. (BST) :)
[Remember Wheatons Law]
CMDR CStar
Viper
In-game name: C Star
Ships Owned: Diamondback Scout
Vulture
Asp

Postby CMDR CStar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm only interested in Combat Training.
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am

I need all the help I can get. I suggest we meet in sanctuary1952's Group in some instance near Leesti. Sunday is going to be a family get-together for me so I don't know if I'll manage for then. I'll keep my eye on this forum.

Is there any news about the changes to the management of Private Groups? Are they going to let us rename them? Having an official Private Group that's officially titled "ARC" would be nice.
Sealurk
Site Admin
Asp
Federal Assault Ship
Vulture
Cobra
Type-6
Sidewinder

Postby Sealurk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:22 am

Monday would be slightly better for me but it doesn't make a huge amount of difference from my perspective. I tend to be online mid-evening UK time.
++ARC Communications Director++
Got an idea for a GalNet article about ARC? Submit it here.
sanctuary1952
Vulture
Ships Owned: Vera my Vulture

Postby sanctuary1952 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:26 am

Monday better for me as well.
I've got to spend the weekend going to the beach and soaking up the Andalucian sunshine while drinking Tinto Verano ... and to think...I could be chasing down Torval's Brokers. Damn! ;)
Dayrth
Site Admin
Ships Owned: Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk4, Asp Explorer, Vulture, Fer de Lance, Python

Postby Dayrth » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Monday is good for me :)

As for the group thing. I have been in touch with Zac Antonaci (head of FD community management) to let him know about our group. Hopefully he will come back to me with info on what he can do for us .
[Remember Wheatons Law]
Frank
Vulture

Postby Frank » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:27 am

So where are we meeting up tonight then? I reckon someplace where we can buy stock Sidewinders? There's no point in risking my ship getting blown up during dogfight training.
Dayrth
Site Admin

Postby Dayrth » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:58 am

Dog fight training is usually first to drop the other shields. It's more useful to practice in the ship you normally fly.

Don't know where we are meeting. I am in the Lave cluster at the moment.
[Remember Wheatons Law]
CMDR CStar
Viper
In-game name: C Star
Ships Owned: Diamondback Scout
Vulture
Asp

Postby CMDR CStar » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 am

More important should be when? We have people from different timezones, don't we? I'm UTC +2.

Return to “Wing Training”